Friday 18 October 2013

Still Here...

Well Hello There! Gosh it feels like ages since I posted, even though it's only been a week... been doing some sewing, but not a lot... & some of it is Secret Sewing...

I've now done five of the 12 stitcheries for my Charmed I'm Sure table runner. I am not really enjoying doing these... as you can see, the runner top is already sewn together & so I'm finding it a bit tricky to position/manoeuvre the piece so I can stitch. I have pieced it together following the instructions, & didn't even think that doing it this way would make it hard for me to do the stitcheries; my hands are having another phase of not-so-good. Also, as I can't do good stitching without a hoop, this is adding to my confuddle*. All that said, I am loving how it's coming along...
*~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*
The birthday celebrations for my daughters went really well... yes my girls are now 19 & the mail, calls, meet ups & pressies have only just stopped a week after the fact!
I just have to show you these... part of the menu last Sunday for Birthday Morning Tea with the Grandparents... my best ever Triple Choc Brownies... I've made them so many times, but never as cookbook-worthy as these ones.... yum... guess how long they lasted?!
*~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~*
Wow I can't believe it's time for Friday Night Sew In again... wonderful.... now I need to go find choose something to work on... I already have the Sustenance arranged LOL...
Will you be joining in? Sign up HERE if you haven't already done so...


*confuddle = my own hybrid word - a blend of confusion and muddle, sometimes in varying proportions of the two.

17 comments:

Helen said...

I love your fabrics, and your brownies look delicious .
I will look forward to spending time with you tonight :)))

Anonymous said...

such lovely work Anthea and those brownies sure look yummy.xx

marina said...

great progress on your runner.
It is definitely worth the effort and awkwardness in stitching.
I think I have put on weight just looking at those brownies!

chrissie said...

Love all the white on your patchwork and the brownies look amazing

Chrissie x

Fiona said...

well hello there..... lovely to read you! The stitching is just lovely so it's worth persevering.. going to be just beautiful... lovely brownies... thanks... you have made me hungry!
Hugz

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

Oh I do love this project. I NEED to get my hands on that pattern. The more I see it the more I love it. Hope your hands are OK. hugs

Unknown said...

Your runner is looking beaut Anthea. It's so unusual with the stitching and triangles. The brownies look yummo! Sharyn:)

Anne Heidi said...

Those brownies look delicious!!! And your stitchery is adorable :-)

Lisa V said...

Your runner is looking lovely. Maybe a Q-snap would be easier to use than a hoop for your stitching, its a square instead of the round hoop and then you roll the sides of your quilt up and clip them to the q-snap with hair clips or similar. I use q-snaps with my big stitching projects and swear by them, I wouldn't go back to a hoop now. They also don't leave those horrible indents in your fabric that a hoop does. Email me if you want some more info Anthea.

Susan said...

Your runner is looking great, worth persevering. The brownies look scrumptious, I'm sure they didn't last long at all.

Kate said...

Your table runner is beautiful and your brownies look decadent! Enjoy the weekend.

Katherine said...

The runner looks fantastic and I might just have to bake some brownies too lol. There are hoops you can get that have an attachment that you either sit on or those that are longer and are placed on the floor. Might be worth a bit of a google and see what else is out there to help your hands. Country Bumpkins website had some listed a little while back.

Rosie said...

Love that runner and the brownies look so yummy I could eat one for breakfast!

Susan said...

Brownies look yummy.

I think the only think I don't like about Leanne beasleys patterns is the make it then stitch it idea - especially on a table runner that big. I would stitch them make it I must say - although those square clip frames might help. It will be worth it...eventually...

Josie said...

Your runner is totally gorgeous Anthea. I'm just sorry to hear your hands are having a tough time with the stitching. Hope they are much better soon. Boy do those Brownies look good.... I'd guess they went in a minute tops! :o)

Kaylee said...

I am salivating looking at those brownies :-)Love the colours in the table runner.

Tatkis said...

Your tablerunner will be perfect, I'm sure! Lovely colours!

Hugs,
Tatyana

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...