Sunday 8 February 2015

Lovely Day Out...

Yesterday saw me meeting up with 8 other Perth & WA ladies for a quilt shop visit & lunch...
It sure was great to catch up with some of my blogging friends, & put faces to the names of some more... What a diverse set of interests, abilities, family situations & crafty passions we all have!

Here we are at lunch...
(clockwise from left) Maria, Sandra, Jeneta, Tracy, Helen, Dianne, Tracee & Julia. I'm the empty seat.

Helen is Tracy's Mum, & is considering starting her own blog, so maybe we'll be seeing her in blogland soon... And Julia - there is no such thing as talking too much while in the car!
I think our next GetTogether needs to be somewhere we can bring some Show&Tell; I'm keen to see some of the bags that Dianne makes.
In the morning we had met up at Southlands Fabric & Sewing Centre... wow, what an amazing place! A very comprehensive shop & I just couldn't stop admiring the quilts hung all around... this pic shows about a third of the shop! A sad reminder that as much as I love my little seaside city, it's really quite a crafty desert.
'Quilty Fun' has been on my List for a while, so I took my chance to get it while it was still available... the 'Daybreak' quilt pattern will do very nicely for a batiks jelly roll I was given a couple of years ago.
We also visited another shop nearby, where I got a handy buy-2-get-1-free metres of my favourite stitchery backing, Whisperweft.

I really did enjoy the day & I hope the other ladies had a great day too. xo
*~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~*
Don't forget that the very first ever Piece Yourself Together! linky will be available from Tuesday morning. If you're working on any sort of EPP project & want to link it, I'd love to see it!
All the info can be found here.

25 comments:

Maria said...

Had a fabulous day Anthea and look forward to our next one.....

Craft to Do said...

Thanks Anthea for organising the get together, loved to see bloggy friends & make new ones. Also got a good deal on some backing fabric to finish off my B&W quilts.

Jeanette said...

Looks like a lovely day out. Hugs,xx

marina said...

a lovely get together! Nice to see the faces behind familiar names.
that shop looks like a winner!
some lovely new projects to work on too.

mogsinc said...

Thanks for organising a wonderful day. It was lovely to meet up with some other local quilt enthusiasts Di

Susan said...

Always a great time when you're with stitchy friends. Nice purchases.

creations.1 said...

Great friends, great shops, great chatter - altogether a GREAT day by the looks of all the photos!!

Lisa V said...

Oh BooHoo, I'm so disappointed I missed out!! Did you get my text message I sent to you all?
Looks like you had a fab time and got some wonderful new things to try out. Can't wait for the next get together. Looks like I missed out on meeting some new people to.

sunny said...

What a fun day! Glad you were able to meet fun friends, and buy a few things that you've been wanting.

Christine M said...

Sounds like you had a lovely day out. Lovely purchases Anthea.

Susan said...

Sounds great - and great to see faces for some names of people I know of through blogging.....

Fiona said...

great to get together and shop and chat... show and tell would be wonderful too...
Hugz

Julia said...

It was the best day Anthea...,,thank you for picking me up.
Lisa you were missed...
We must do it again soon.
Julia

Dawn said...

Hi Anthea, almost worth flying over from Melbourne to join in the fun. Glad you girls all enjoyed meeting with each other.

Anonymous said...

Hi Anthea,wow sounds like a wonderful day ,thankyou for sharing,love your new buys,that book is awesome,hope you have a wonderful day xx

Chookyblue...... said...

oh so much fun.........

Raewyn said...

Lucky you having such a fun get together and shopping time! I love the cross stitch you are doing (previous post), too.

Lin said...

Sounds like a great day out and that shop looks heavenly. Even when I go to UK there is nothing like it nearby. xx

Outback Craftaholic said...

We had a ball Anthea! Thanks so much for organising it. Cheers, Tracy xx

Teri said...

It sounds like you all had such a fun day....and the quilt shop looked really nice....

Ondrea said...

Looks like you had a fantastic day with wonderful stitching friends and lots of shopping. You must be doing the happy dance.

Bev C said...

Hello Anthea,

What lovely photo's of Saturday, the numbers are increasing which is great.

Happy days.
Bev.

Elyte said...

Great to see you all enjoying yourselves.

Quilt Kitty said...

Hi Anthea, awesome day, great to see old friends again & meet new ones. Can't wait for the next one especially if we meet at lovely Julias! Want to check out her big toy. xx

Jeneta said...

I had such a great time! Lovely food, wonderful company and fabric!! So, Whisperweft is what you use to back your stitcheries then. I like the Daybreak quilt pattern and kind of wished that I'd got the Quilty Fun book. Never mind! It's not like I went home empty handed (not even one empty hand!!).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...