Wednesday 28 December 2016

Christmas 2016... I Blinked & It Happened!

Reading around on a few blogs, I get the feeling I'm not the only one who found Christmas Day & the days surrounding it seemed to flash by... How does that happen when the lead-up seems ssooo long?!

Here at Hibiscus HQ, we've had a lovely few days... We had a rather leisurely Christmas Day, quietly at home, after an unfortunate but necessary last-minute change of plans. (Please don't be sorry, I'm not)
We already had plenty of food here, so it was just a matter of pulling it out of the fridge after we'd been to the beach in the morning... yep, we did it, we went to the beach on Christmas Day!

This year we got the kindest weather we've had in years, what a relief... 38°C is not nice for any time, let alone Christmas... mid-20s°C was perfect! It was also great for hosting the big in-laws gathering on Boxing Day... 21 people in all... we all sat outside under the patio & enjoyed our Festivities.

Even the Site Manager got into the spirit of things... (I promise you he did actually walk around in it for a while!)


I've done a little post-Chrissy online shopping, but only for practical stuff I actually need... a new frypan & such... so boring I know. I've also bought some necessary fabric, for something that's been a long time coming, but more on that in a couple of posts.

Next post, I'm going to share my lovely 'Secret Santa Christmas Swap' gifts!

Hope your Christmas was great♥

11 comments:

Kate said...

Site Manager looks cute in his santa outfit. So nice that you had enjoyable weather for Christmas Day. We had a snowstorm. :)

Sharm said...

Happy to hear you had a lovely Christmas day xo

creations.1 said...

Sounds to me like the perfect christmas! The site manager certainly is relaxed!

Susan said...

The Site Manager looks so cute...better not let on though in case he gets a big head!
Sounds like a lovely day for Christmas - its about to hot up over this side!

Anonymous said...

Hi Anthea the beach looks a lovely place to be and how cute is your site manager.

sunny said...

Ah.. how nice to spend Christmas at the beach! And I got a new fry pan from DH. But I did need it. And now on to the new year . . . .

kiwikid said...

Lovely to go to the beach, that is where we were in the afternoon!! The site manager look sworn out from all his Christmas activities!!

Lin said...

Sometimes it happens that the unplanned is better than the planned! Glad you had a great time anyway. We went to the seaside on Boxing Day and just missed all the mad swimmers who braved the sea. It was a pretty chilly day! xx

Fiona said...

Christmas Day on the beach - what bliss.... well done with last minute changes.

Hugz

Michelle Ridgway said...

Sounds lovely to me. Glad the weather played nice too xx

Raewyn said...

Sounds like you all enjoyed a lovely Christmas Anthea...love the site manager's wee outfit! Best wishes for a wonderful 2017!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...