Tuesday 28 November 2017

Long Time, No Post...

 Story of my life these days... many days between posts... so much going on at home... & in my head!

Thank you again to everyone who was so kind in sending good wishes to my daughter in regards to her job... naturally there's a lot of preparation to do, but it's going well.

 Despite all that distraction, I have been managing some stitching & sewing.
Of course the stitching is my Scrappy Hexy Quilt blocks... some evenings I stitch for a couple of hours, other evenings I don't have the energy to even thread the needle!
But progress is progress, I'll take it😉

Don't forget, you're welcome to link up your EPP work of any type, any size, any project.
The linky is in my right-hand sidebar & open until midnight Thursday, W-Aust time.
*~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~*

Some of you may recall a few months ago, my post about the Mystery Friendship Quilt that I was part of with my patchwork group friends. It's HERE if you'd like a read.

The blocks are certainly an eclectic collection (rather like all the ladies who did this project!), & I confess it's been a real mental battle for me to figure out how to put them together in a pleasing way. I'm an expert overthinker, & this trait has certainly made it hard for me to see my way along with this project.

I eventually took all the blocks to my local shop, and got some great advice & suggestions.
(it was certainly an experience which I plan to write about soon!)
Having received 17 blocks from the ladies of the group, I have now made the other 3 needed to make up to the number I needed for my plan... & finally some piecing together is happening... I feel so much better about the project now & I'm confident I'm making the best of what was sewn for me.

Here's where I'm at with it at the moment... & really hoping for a finished top by the end of the week.
Now that I've gotten past Overthinkers Paralysis with this, I really just want to get it finished!

Thank you for popping by & have a terrific Tuesday!

10 comments:

kiwikid said...

You have a wonderful collection of blocks there Anthea, looking forward to seeing how they all go together. A little hexies work is still progress, and any progress is good progress!!

Lin said...

The blocks look great and I am looking forward to seeing them all put together. xx

Michelle Ridgway said...

I think it is going to be lovely Anthea. The thinking can sometimes be the hardest part. Very cute hexies keeping you company there too.

Stitching Noni said...

I love those blocks... I can't wait to see them all put together into a quilt top :o)

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Those blocks are so pretty - looking forward to seeing them all together! xx

Fiona said...

Your blocks are looking great... the sashing gives it a perfect break between the different blocks...
Hexie sewing is so lovely for picking up and doing some when you get a chance.. adn waiting when you don't...
Hugz

Maria said...

Enjoy your busy times as soon your home will be quiet and then you'll have plenty of time to stitch...
All the blocks look good together now......

Sue's Patchwork and Quilting Blog said...

Hi Anthea,
Your blocks look great. I will look forward to seeing your Blocks when you have put them altogether. Well done. I have a hexie project I have been working on so I find the link and link up since it is Thursday here in Oz.

Sue's Patchwork and Quilting Blog said...

Hi All,
could not see the link to the Hexies on my phone. On the computer I can see it. So have linked in with it.

Mia said...

Beautiful blocks! It will surely be a great quilt! Kisses, my friend.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...