Sunday 6 May 2018

Well That Was Longer Than I Planned!

(Fair warning, this is a long post)
Goodness these weeks have flown by!
 My time in Melbourne with my DD-Y (21-26 April) was wonderful... it really was her holiday, but we both had a fab time & it did my heart good to see her decompressing after a stressful time in recent months.
 It ended up being somewhat a Festival of Football... we went to 3 games! The footy is much more her passion than mine, but it was great to see her enjoying it.
I'm an unashamed home-body, however it was nice to get a break from cooking & laundry... we even spent one evening lying on our beds, eating some chocolate & watching Bachelor In Paradise😃

It was great to take a break from the phone & social media too... which somehow continued well beyond my days away... but now it's high time to get back into things again.
*~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~*

Last week I finished my blue & white quilt top... I really don't enjoy the sewing of borders & this quilt has three, so the prospect was not thrilling. Careful measuring & sewing happened, & the result has me smiling. The pattern is an old Melly & Me design.
 The backing fabric (which I'm quite in love with!) needs to be prepared & hopefully I can get a booking with my quilter this week to drop it off to her.


Some more little Festive hexy's have been made into flowers... how cute are these little guys?!
 Compare the size to a standard thread reel!
Now I look forward to popping into my favourite blogs during the next few days to see what you all have been up to lately♥

* ~> Thanks for popping by & have a fab Monday < ~*

18 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

The blue quilt looks great.......
Glad you had a great time away......special time together.......

Pamela said...

Your quilt is fantastic, blue is my favorite. The tiny hexies are very cute!

Jeanette said...

Your blue/white quilt is beautiful. The hexies are so cute. Glad you had a wonderful holiday. Hugs,xx

Rosie said...

What a gorgeous quilt, but then I do love blue and white! I'm a bit of a home-body too but it is good to get away for a while, especially with loved ones.

Susan said...

Glad you had a great time away - Love the blue quilt and the tiny hexies are very cute! Love the colour combo.

Helen said...

So nice to get away and to share that time with your DD.....love the quilt....cute hexies as well.

Lin said...

I am glad you had a great time away Anthea. The blue and white looks stunning with it's borders and your little hexie flowers are gorgeous. xx

Sharm said...

Sounds like you and your daughter had a wonderful time! Lovely quit top and very cute little hexies! Mine are all packed up ready for the trip north in just a couple of weeks! Take care my friend!

sunny said...

Glad you had such a nice time with DD! I love your blue and white, and the backing is perfect. I still can't believe you made a blue and white quilt.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Lovely to "see" you again Anthea! So glad you had a great time in Melbourne... love your blue quilt and the backing - gorgeous! Cut Christmas hexies too :) xx

Raewyn said...

It does sound like you had a refreshing time away! YOur blue and white quilt (top!) is gorgeous - well done on the finish! And the wee hexies are very cute :-)

kiwikid said...

Wonderful to hear you had a great time with your daughter. Love the blue and white quilt, the borders look great too. Very pretty festive hexies.

Fiona said...

good to hear you had such a good time... Melbourne is vibrant and so much to see. Your borders suit your blue and white quilt so well... shows it off beautifully and I just love that backing.... madness with those little hexies..
Hugz

Maria said...

How nice to have had a special holiday with your DD..
The Blue quilt looks lovely and some lovely bright hexies you've made too.

Nanette said...

Your blue quilt is gorgeous! And I love that backing fabric. I caught up with your RSC yellow blocks, can't wait to see your pink ones.

Anonymous said...

Hi Anthea love your quilt,love the colours you used and how lovely you had a wonderful time with your daughter. Melb is an amazing place to visit xx

Ondrea said...

It is always good to spend quality time with our daughters. Love your blue and white quilt and your hexies look great.

Narelle said...

The blue and white is so lovely and fresh...love your backing fabric 🌸

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...